Tuesday, May 27, 2014

where have i been?

"Two weeks ago you said you were going to start a blog. What the hell happened, Becky?"

Well, you see, what happened was...

So, on the 14th I had my first session with my new personal trainer. Wee! How fun and awesome!
Thursday, I was sore as you could imagine, as if I'd been hit by a truck, so when my husband's mother invited us out for dinner, I was happy to take the night off. I had a salad, a couple wings, one slice of pizza and 2 glasses of wine.
That night, I woke up in the middle of the night in terrible pain. It felt like gas pains, and my stomach was swollen, so I took some gas pills and went back to sleep.
I went to work Friday, and I was in such awful pain all day long. I'd have to stop, hold on to something until it subsided, and this went on all day long. I finally got off work, but I was watching a friend's little girl for the evening, so I tried to take it easy. When she left, I went straight to bed at like 8pm in pain and slept til 2pm that Saturday, just because I was in too much pain to get up.
We ended up going out to the river that evening. My pain has eased up a little, and I thought I could handle a relaxing evening at the camper, but as we stopped at the Piggly Wiggly for refreshments, I started freezing, my head was hot - I was running a fever. We went to the river anyway, I eventually sweated out my fever. I went home that evening with Jerry, and Todd wanted to stay the night to spend time with his cousin.
I slept late that next day on Sunday, once again due to the pain. I finally got up and tried to get up and move around, do some chores and laundry. I felt like I was going to pass out from the pain. I finally laid down and got a headache so terrible, I felt like I couldn't even lift my head. I was freezing again, and when Todd got home, I was running a temperature of 103. He took me to Urgent Care, who sent me to the Emergency Room, where I waited from 6:45 til after midnight. We finally went back, I had a CT scan, and all they could conclude was that I was "backed up", my stomach was inflamed, and my liver enzymes were high. I was written out of work for 2 days for my system to work itself out. I ran fevers the next 2 nights. I had to cancel my Monday night workout. My mom drove down Monday morning and stayed until Wednesday morning to help me out.
I went back to wok Wednesday, still not 100% but better... I did my work out that night, feeling a bit better. Our workout was cancelled yesterday due to Memorial Day, and I go back tomorrow. 6 more workouts remain with my trainer.

Meanwhile, being sick, I lost 4 pounds. Which I gained back once I was well again.

Shit.

So yeah, I had a set back, but everything's alright now. Just got to keep on keeping on. I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment